Directors of St Bartholomew’s CE Multi-Academy Trust in Wolverhampton are seeking to appoint a full-time outstanding and highly motivated Chief Financial and Operations Officer on a permanent basis.
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Responsible to: Executive Headteacher
Closing date: Monday 11th December 5:00 pm
Interviews: Tuesday 19th December
St Bartholomew’s CE MAT formed in September 2016 and currently consists of four schools which cross the borders of Wolverhampton and Staffordshire. We are deeply committed to implementing a collaborative approach to developing and securing excellent educational provision for all our pupils.
St Bartholomew’s CE MAT welcomes both church and non-church schools into the Trust. We are a young MAT with high aspirations for our pupils, aiming to create futures for all. In a relatively short period, we have established strong governance and leadership structures as the foundations for future growth.
This is a vitally important appointment in the next stage of our growth plan and one which will have significant influence in further establishing the work of the Trust and its ability to support the Trust’s schools.
We feel that this appointment will strengthen our work with our schools. Working closely with the Executive Headteacher, the successful candidate will firmly embed all the relevant financial and legislative frameworks, policies and working practices necessary for the Trust to flourish and grow as a successful Multi-Academy Trust.
The role will provide excellent career development for the successful candidate, allowing them to build on their specialism but also giving the opportunity to learn new aspects of the business.
The successful candidate will have:
• A track record of managing a healthy and sustainable business, wherein income is generated and value for money achieved
• Experience of effective business management in the education or not-for-profit sector
• Hold an associated relevant professional finance related qualification
• Significant experience of leading the strategic financial planning for an organisation within a Senior Manager role
• Experience of strategic business planning and the development of business opportunities
• Experience of financial, budgetary and risk management
• Experience of procuring services and monitoring contracts to ensure that value for money and key performance indicator requirements are met
• The ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels within an organisation and with outside organisations
• Resilience, the ability to handle high levels of pressure and ability to meet deadlines
• Confident at providing challenge and counsel in the face of a rapidly changing environment
• Committed to delivering the vision and ethos of St Bartholomew’s CE MAT
We can offer:
• Opportunities for individualised CPD and other training
• A dynamic, committed, friendly and hard-working central Trust staff team
• Wide ranging experience working alongside a growing number of committed Infant, Junior and Primary schools
St Bartholomew’s CE MAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and preventing extremism. In order to meet this responsibility, our schools follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
St Bartholomew’s CE MAT requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Nondisclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment - this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for further details of Directors’ requirements. Application Form and separate Recruitment Monitoring Form (and/or any queries) to be e-mailed to: email@example.com [Lauren Prosser, PA to the Executive Headteacher]
St Bartholomew’s CE MAT registered address: St Bartholomew’s CE Primary School, Sedgley Road, Penn, Wolverhampton WV4 5LG.